Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Storm is Rising

PS3 and Blueray, XBOX 360 trying to make friends with everyone, ahh the Karma. While this post is not a podcast but more of a rant I just want to say that we are going to see a MAJOR battle not only on the console front, but on the Media front, ie; Blueray, HD-DVD. And DVD.

The first battle of course is going to be the console battle which Microsoft will launch it's first attack after gobble day later this month, with the PS3 stumbling in early next year, and Nintendo doing something FANTASTIC to clean up. The XBOX 360 of course will take the first strike as it is going to be the first next gen console to hit the streets with it's beautiful graphics and what not. The PS3 may pave a new way with it's proprietary Blueray format, which would mean in my opinion that backward compatibility will be gone and they will shoot themselves in the foot.

And Nintendo......ahhhhh Nintendo. For a system that will likely see the light of day sometime this summer it has it's ducks in a row. Essentially it will have a Game Cube built in, as well as the ability to download games from the NES, Super Nintendo, and the Nintedo 64. And when I say a Game Cube built in, I mean it will be backward compatible not only to Gamecube, but compatible to the 1980's("Dr. Mario Anyone????").

So here are my predictions as to the winners: In first place the XBOX 360, Second the Nintendo Revolution, and trailing in third due to a foot wound due to being shot there due to Blueray is the PS3.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, if I'm right then I did my homework and get a gold star.

What are your predictions??

No comments: